Friday, January 23, 2009

The Monkey Slippers Are Packed!

Honestly, that is a lie. They are on my feet right now, and will probably be the last thing thrown in the suitcase this afternoon. At which time, they will infect all the clean clothes extra hats, gloves and mittens (for those travelers from warmer climates who forget how freakin’ cold Wisconsin is in the winter) for the five to six hours it takes for the wife and I to get from Saint Paul, to Milwaukee Airport to pick up some of her friends and then down to Appleton for The Great Midwest Trivia Contest XLIV.

Besides my winter addictions to outdoor broomball, summer kickball and year round Rock Band playing, the thing that gets the most quizzically polite laughs is my mention of The Great Midwest Trivia Contest. I know. I participate in a lot of weird crap. For anyone that would like a basic overview of the contest you can go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Midwest_Trivia_Contest. If you want to listen in starting shortly after 10 on Friday, the contest is played over the wide-wide world of web on WLFM http://www.lawrence.edu/sorg/wlfm/
Over the next few days and hours, I will be updating this blog with talk about the contest, random stuff happening to our team, general impressions or whatever else is going through my head as I get no sleep or booze through Sunday at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment